As we enter the last week in May we are busily trying to complete all out our Grade One outcomes. In Science we are working on the Living/Non Living theme. We planted bean seeds and are eagerly watching them grow. Our focus in Social Studies is life Then and Now. The students are amazed at how different things are today than they were years ago. They can't imagine life without a computer or a cell phone!
Last week we started the ABC's of grade one. As I thought" Bubbles and Bubble Gum" day will got high ratings from most of the students. I can't remember a time when I have had that much fun with bubbles!!
The Crowning of Mary celebration was on Thursday. Your children knew all of the prayers. They were very prepared and did a wonderful job. Thank you to all of the parents who were able to join us for the celebration.
Our running club is coming to a conclusion this week. Students will be able to run before school on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The school wrap up run will be on Monday from 12:05 - 12:30. We will head to the park across the street and do our run there. Any parents who would be willing to join us to supervise the run would be greatly appreciated. Contact me if you are interested.
We booked our last fieldtrip to Fort Whoop Up on Friday June 22nd. We will also have our end of the year picnic after we get back from Fort Whoop Up. Consent forms with more information will come home next week.
Dates to Remember:
- May 28 - Run Club Last Run - 12:05 - 12:30 pm
- May 29 - Field trip to Hubbard Collection - 12:45 - 2:15 pm
- May 30 - Heritage Day
- May 30 - Little Souls Marathon - 6:30 pm - Chinook School
- June 7 - Pizza Lunch
- June 8 - WTL Reader - Linda Many Guns
- June 11 - School Based P.D. Day - no school for students
- June 13 - Dress as your favourite fictional character
- June 22 - Field trip to Fort Whoop Up - 9:00 - 11:00 am
- June 22 - Grade One Picnic - 11:10 - 12:50 pm